Thursday, February 26, 2009

What a great day!!!

I had a me day today. My good neighbor & friend invited me over to play Rock Band 2! We had fun making my funky rocker chic with pink eyebrows, tattoos, and piercings. Wish I had a screenshot of that, fun stuff. I played on easy and only failed twice (OK I'm not that good). I play bass and I didn't get it at first, but it got easier. I really want to buy that now! So much fun! We ate some lunch and let our babies play together, so cute! Hailey & Bella BFF's!

When I got home I remembered I wanted to do an etsy lab that had started at 1:30(my time) and it was almost 2:30, ugh. So I was late, story of my life! I popped into the room and low & behold... IT WAS STILL GOING ON! If you frequent the etsy labs it usually lasts 30 minutes so I was so happy to catch the end of it all. Chantelle, aka MoneyBeGreen, was very patient, informative, and down to earth! I have a new favorite blog! Woo hoo! And a book I need to go get tomorrow... Secrets of the Millionaire Mind, cause I wanna have a millionaire mind :) Visit her blog if you missed it, good stuff! I'm not going to tell you what you should read, cause I think it's all great!

Then there was the blogosphere lab with Liz Kinnmark and Kegan Fisher, inventors of DesignGlut... check out their Egg Pants. That was very inspiring. The lab was basically about getting your work out to bloggers to be seen, and blogging yourself! So, I guess that lab worked ;) This is the most I've blogged yet! I've also joined twitter... warning to all my myspace friends, I'm bailing in a few days. I'm twitterpated.

So now that I've been inspired what am I doing? Glad you asked! I'm working on some new covers. I want to be a bit more creative in my work. As it is, everything I do is quite simple, which is very me. I needed to figure out a way to transfer some personality to my journals and still keep it simple. I like clean lines and so far that isn't what my journals convey. So, I am embossing. It makes a great little addition to a simple cover, just enough "art glitter" to make it special. So work I must! I am loving the new direction.

2 comments:

  1. I've never played Rock Band- it sounds like fun!!
    I think embossing your new journals is a great idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Rock band is pretty fun ... my parents actually have it, so I've played it there... though admittedly, I'm not very good! The drums kick my butt every time!

    Just wanted to second the book you're interested in reading... it's wonderful. I've read it a number of times now. There's a sequel as well and it's equally as good.

    Hope things are going well for you... I like your journal covers ... I think it's fun to see the process too!

    Stay warm in all this snow we're supposed to get! We'll have to hook up for coffee after this baby comes (7 days left!).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails