Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Working in the pottery...

We are lucky enough to have two "studios".  My studio... which is usually called the craft room (I really need to change that!)  Then there is my husband's studio, the pottery.  This weekend the kids worked with him in the pottery.  They were busy making buttons.  Lot & lots of buttons.  They went out there after lunch on Sunday, and it was 5 o'clock and I was wondering where my kids were?  I can't believe they spent the whole time working on buttons!  I went to check on them, and they were working away, not wanting to be bothered.  Why can't I get them to help me out like that?  Then I found out why...  "Daddy said we get $.XX for each button we make!"  OK... really?  He is paying them off!  Why didn't I think of that?!  So he looks at me and grins, "Child labor, isn't it great?"  My husband thinks he's funny.  I have a feeling I've lost my children to the pottery, not that I'm complaining.  They looked so cute playing in the mud.  How do I compete with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails