Monday, November 23, 2009

The Photo Journal

I had an epiphany last night!  I've been wanting to make personalized journals.  I've tried the monogramed journal, but it looks too plain for my tastes.  I don't think I'd like to make them over and over.  Saturday I picked up some printer paper in hopes my husband would sketch some things and we could sell some prints on Etsy.  I soon realized that we don't have time for that and I may have wasted money on glossy photo paper.  So my need to use the things I have kicked in and I had a thought... why not make journals with photos on the front!  I can have people send me a photo and I'll make the journal with the photo!  So I frantically worked today to finish a journal for the trunk show we had in the Etsy labs!  Here is a photo of my daughter before I worked on the pic:



After I worked on the pic:




There's not a huge difference.  Just enough to soften up the picture and make it look cuddley.  The baby was hugging it after I made it.  She is so cute!  Here's the finished journal:

I am going to LOVE seeing all the cool photos people send for me to make their very own journal!


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea...I will definitely be buying one of these..

    do you print the photos at home or have them done professionally?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails