Thursday, December 17, 2009

My first year on Etsy...

At this time last year I was sitting down to try to figure out everything I could about this wonderful handmade marketplace!  From the chat rooms, to the virtual labs, to the storque.  I opened my shop, read articles, asked how to throw stuff in labs, wondered how to put a picture up on the side there in the chat rooms.  You know, the important questions.  In a year I feel I have come a long way, and my shop is now my baby I love & care for!  I have gotten a complete overhaul of my look, from banner & avi to a custom blog & twitter by The Speckled Pear.  My pictures have changed through the year, and will continue to be tweaked & improved.

One of the things I am most excited about for the coming year is my ability to screen print my covers!  I love the fact that I can customize them and add some of my personality instead of depending on that great paper find... although I'm sure I'll still hunt down wonderfully designed papers!  My owl journal has become my new great thing!  I love those little guys.  Speaking of the owl journals...  The winner of my Owl Journal Giveaway is frekkles!  Congrats, I'll get that shipped out ASAP!

And for the most important thing about this past year on Etsy... it has been the people.  I am touched every time I get a convo about how wonderful someone thinks one of my journals are, or the paragraph of feedback I'll get every once in a while from a very happy customer.  All of my wonderful fans have been so supportive & encouraging.  You don't know how much that has meant to me & my craft.  I can't say these people are customers... they are friends.  THANK YOU ALL!

I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for my little shop :)  I'll keep chugging along!

Follow me on FaceBook... http://www.facebook.com/NightOwlCraftworks
And on twitter... http://twitter.com/nightowlcraft

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails