Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Focus on... beadsandbotanicals


Sally: Tell us who you are… what makes your crafty passion tick…
CarlaI like rocks. A lot. I get fired up about the legends of stones, the possibilities with stones, the colors, textures and variety of stones. They seem alive to me, and that is very exciting.

SallyWho, or what inspires your shop?
CarlaI’m constantly in awe of entrepreneurs. Doesn’t matter if they sell handcrafted alpaca-fiber ponchos or car parts. There is something magical about those who are passionate about what they do, and committed to taking good care of their customers.
SallyWhat item/ product do you like to work with the most and why?
CarlaThe gemstone beads are my faves, of course. I also really enjoy working with packaging and promotional items that go in with each shipment. The colorful tissue, ribbon, thank you stickers and other items that go in each box are fun to work with.

SallyWhat do you do besides working on your passion and shop?
Carla: I’m a free-lance writer as well as a “bead lady.” I write about non-profit and public organizations that help people. As often as possible, I spend time on the hiking trails and beaches of the Lake Michigan shore.

SallyWhat is something that you don’t do well that you’d like to do better?
CarlaDance. Look good in a bathing suit. Wind surf. Speak HTML.

SallyDo you have favorite Etsy peeps, or an item that you keep coming back to?
CarlaI’m addicted to the hair bands and fabulous personality of Marisa at www.purplelicious.etsy.com.
Janelle at www.scrapwithstyle.etsy.com is amazing, and I’m not sure I could ever thank her enough for the time she gave to me, a stranger, to help me get settled in as an Etsy seller. She also carries awesome grosgrain ribbon.

SallyWhat’s your fav thing about Etsy?
CarlaEtsy is a wonderful place to find people I didn’t even know I was looking for. By maintaining a shop, keeping it stocked and updated, I find new customers, new mentors, and new inspiration.

SallyOne tip you could give, about life, about Etsy, about the weather…
CarlaI wish I could say, “don’t sweat the small stuff.” But I do sweat the small stuff. A lot. I think it is the little things that allow us to add quality and value to our customers’ lives. Whether it be pretty packaging, super-prompt shipping, a convo to notify the customer when the item will ship, or helping someone find a source for something I don’t carry, the small stuff helps me let customer know they are very much appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails