Thursday, February 25, 2010

You are not alone... the camera made me go grrr too...

Because it's never just one thing you have to overcome... I'm posting about my severe hatred of taking pictures and my lack of know how or camera savvy.
When I started out I struggled with the camera.  OK, I'm still working on it.  I have never taken a class.  Apature value and time value still confuse me a bit, but not as much as they used to (thank you JennaDesigns).  I think I've nailed the macro settings and where the photo brackets, or focuses.  I really really HATE editing & adjusting color after the shot.  It's not that difficult to adjust your curves, mess with the saturation and hue.  IF I try to do this... my colors never look true, or the white pages look so bright you can't see them anymore.  So... my photos are a bit dark.  Yes, the table I photo on has a bit to do with that... but I feel as if it's become part of my brand.  It sets my shots out from anyone else's.  So I own the shots that I have taken.  I am good with the "darkness" because I know my colors are as true as you can get with a digital image and monitors may vary a bit. Who else has a gorgeous barn board table with THAT much character?  I get some comments about it every once in a while.  It seems without fail, a day or two later, someone will tell me they love my photos... thank you!  For someone who has NEVER taken a photo class I think I'm doing OK.

Obstacle overcome!  <3  in my mind at least :P

5 comments:

  1. I think your photos are beautiful! I can never get my camera to focus on the right part of the frame *insert grumpy face*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep wanting to take a photography class-I know sometimes it is just about having a few tips to make the experience more enjoyable

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you know a camera savvy friend, you could always ask for a crash course. I think there are some online tutorials too... you can never learn enough, right? I've been taking photos of my husband's work... now I need to figure out shiny surfaces. The camera doesn't like the pottery *borrowing Sara's grumpy face*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos look great to me :) And I am going to be one of those people who complement you on your gorgeous barn board table - I'm soooo jealous ;) I wish I had a such a pretty piece to take photos on :) Best wishes,
    bess | english muffin shop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Bess! The table is definitely unique. I'm going to have to make it a point to let the maker know how much everyone loves it! He's retired and makes them for fun!!! I got super lucky with that find.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails