Friday, May 28, 2010

Loving my new purse...


It's been a long time since I dusted of my sewing machine and finished a project.  Maybe even, dare I say, years?!  I have a pile of projects half finished.  They've been put to the back burner for so long that dresses I was making for my 7 year old are fitting the 18 month old.  
        
One of my biggest pet peeves is shopping for that perfect purse.  You know the one.  It has to be the right size.  It has to have the right strap.  It has to have pockets on the inside, or not.  And if that's not enough, it has to be pretty.  For me it has to be really pretty.  When I get a purse I carry it for a long time, it becomes like a security blankie.  
My friend, JennaDesigns (aka JennasAttic), gives me lots of inspiration.  She's the type of person that makes no excuses for anything and just goes for it.  She never thinks she can't do something or that it's too difficult.  Her "can do" attitude is absolutely infectious.  
I've had this Buttercup Bag pattern for a very long time.  So long that all of my fabrics are pretty outdated.  Nothing fun in my fabric stash... Jenna is a whole different story.  She has the most beautiful fabrics, bins and bins and bins and bins.  I asked her to help me find something in my stash to use, but we soon realized that it was a lost cause.  She most generously offered up pieces from her stash, so I got to go "shopping" at her place.  She helped me pick out this wonderful Tina Givens fabric for the outside, and some Kona fabric for the liner.  By some miracle I whipped it up in a night!  My girls want me to make them one each.  And the baby can't be left out.  Guess that sewing machine is getting a workout this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails