Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside...

... really cold! Nothing better than a cold spell and no where to go to spur the creative spirit. I love my books on etsy, but I know that everyone has said that you need variety in your shop when you start to find your niche. I picked up some felting... so I started working on a little owl. We'll see how it goes.

As some of you may know, I am not very artistic when it comes to drawing or photography. I love to cut things out of paper... kinda like drawing with scissors. The only time I ever used this odd skill was when I taught preschool. It came in handy. So I was thinking about doing some collage print type things. I never thought that this would come in handy. We will see... if I tell everyone about it I am more inclined to actually do it. I will try to post some pics if it all works out.

And if that's not enough, I've noticed a lot of other etsian blogs featuring fellow etsians. This is so wonderful to promote one another's shops. As a "newbie" at etsy I feel the stress of networking and getting that foot in the door. I am going to figure out what/ who I'd like to feature and how often. Whether it be other newbies, moms, maybe I'll feature kid's shops. Any ideas, let me know.

Maybe we'll get a warm streak... like in the 30's. It's sad when 30's are warm!

My to do list:

*Bind more books
*Finish owl
*Collage prints
*Blog feature

1 comment:

  1. I'm a paper cutter too! My favorite art projects in school were construction paper posters. My teachers always said I would be a good kindergarden teacher because I had so much patience in cutting little things out. Too bad I have no interest in kids!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails