Thursday, October 29, 2009

Andrew Zimmern, enough said.

OK, maybe some people don't know who Andrew Zimmern is.  He is the host of Bizarre Foods on The Travel Channel.  He usually eats things like bugs, rats, and bats.  YUCK!  When my husband heard he would be in town and doing a presentation he nabbed us tickets.  Apparently just in time, because the "show" sold out.  It was a great hour.  As anyone who knows me, knows I CAN'T COOK!  I love food, and I love to eat food.  To be sitting in a tent with about 100 people drinking wine and eating food while watching Andrew Zimmern cook, and even better tell stories was amazing!  I am always so envious of people who can cook, this man is an artist!  We sampled Latin cuisine.

The menu:


My favorite was the Tuna.  Superb.  He was very gracious, and put all the recipes on his blog.  As soon as he mentioned his blog, the guy next to me piped up and said that he must not want too many men to visit the site because the color scheme is pink & chocolate.  Andrew took it in stride.  No one pointed out that the guy that was calling the website "girly" was wearing a tasseled jacket... one that matched his wife's.  My husband and I got a chuckle out of that.  After the presentation there was a book signing.  So, I got to have my picture taken with Andrew Zimmern.  I wish we had the good camera and not the camera off of the phone.  Oh well.  We had such a good time!






1 comment:

  1. How awesome is that ... and the picture turned out great even if it was taken from a phone.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails