Friday, November 27, 2009

Featured Etsian... SweetsNStuff!

Please welcome... Morgan of SweetsNStuff!


Sally: What brought you to Etsy?

Morgan: I have always been creative and into making things especially Hair Accessories (I am a licensed cosmetologist). Well I made enough for other people/friends and everyone kept telling me to sell them!  So I thought about it for a while then decided to just go for it, it's been a slow road to start but I believe that with any company it takes time! Just paying my dues like anyone else and getting the word out about my store as much as I can.






Sally: Who or what inspires your creations?

Morgan: My inspirations comes from a lot of different places, I am kind of all over the place with my style personally and it reflects in the store as well it's a little bit of the pin up era, vintage-inspired, mod, dark/gothic, retro, with some brights (think 80's early 90's graffiti, betsey johnson, cyndi lauper, prince :) )and bohemian tossed in there too :) I am a bit smitten with the pin up era and the vintage/vintage inspired stuff actually VERY smitten, but a lot of the products on the market that I have found are either very high priced (beautiful and worth it, but not on many people’s budget unfortunately) or look a bit cheap. I wanted to make items that were well made, attractive - you can wear it anywhere and with anything, and budget friendly! 

Sally: What time of day do you work best and why?

Morgan: I seem to work well either really early in the morning or really late at night. Insomnia and a restless 2 year old makes for late nights and early mornings. That is when my house is the calmest and I am really able to dive into projects. I also get a lot of work done during my sons infusions (we are stuck in a room for anywhere between 8 hours and 2 days) because he is either sleeping or sitting in my lap asleep :)






Sally: Who do you market to? Who do you see buying your work?

Morgan: I thought when I opened the store up that I would be catering a lot to the alternative crowds (pin up, lolita, goth, mod, moddish mayhem, bohemia, etc) but I have people order from the store and custom orders from all walks of life people buying for their children, for newborns and much more! 

Sally: What item do you like to work on the most and why?

Morgan: I really love making it all. It is all a lot of fun from the hair accessories to the jewelry to my altered items! I've recently really gotten into jewelry making, ironically it was never an intention to sell jewelry but it's becoming one of my best sellers! I'm enjoying seeking out new techniques to learn!






Sally: What is your favorite beverage while you work?

Morgan: Typically it's something very caffeinated I'm a big fan of overly sweet drinks as well perhaps it's the Texan in me but I LOVE sweet tea, sweet espresso and things of that nature! All cold too, I'm not a big fan of warm drinks.

Sally: What is something that you don’t do well that you’d like to do better?

Morgan: Pricing? Isn't that all of our downfall? LOL I really love the look of stamps/stamping but I really stink at it so that's something I'd love to learn or be able to do better.

Sally: If you could interview your main influence who would it be and what would you ask?

Morgan: hmmm that is a tough one because I wouldn't say my stuff inspired by one specific person, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to meet Betsey Johnson she is a huge idol of mine and I absolutely adore her work!






Sally: What do you listen to while you work? While you don’t work?

Morgan: A little bit of everything literally I love freestyle, rock and roll, country, Christian rock and gospel, a little bit of hip hop/rap but most of that is underground stuff, and hard house.

Sally: Do you have any deals or promos to share?

Morgan: I do!! I decided to start my black Friday - cyber Monday sale early (we started Nov. 23rd) so everything in the store is 25% off all you have to do is enter the word "trunk" at the time of checkout in the comments box. Once payment is received I will credit the discounted amount back to your account. Sale ends Nov. 30th at 12 pm PST


This Etsian is a great support to other sellers and a wonderful joy to see on twitter everyday!!!  Thank you, Morgan, for being a part of my blog and being there whenever someone out there needs to get picked up :)  Readers, thank you, and I hope you find her shop as wonderful as I have!  http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetsnstuff

1 comment:

  1. cute hair accessories and great etsy seller feature. i do that a lot too - maybe we can swap sometime?

    SD
    http://looksgood.etsy.com
    http://looksgoodfromthefront.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails