Thursday, January 7, 2010

Featured Etsian... 2SweetThings!



Sally: What brought you to Etsy?
Mandy: I ran into etsy from another blog (I'm not even sure which one!), and I was immediately hooked! I signed up for an account on that first day, even though it was almost a year before I began selling. It kind of felt like 'home' and I found myself spending hours just searching and sort of drinking in all the amazing shops and products.

Sally: Who or what  inspires your creations?
Mandy: Mostly I am inspired by my darling little ones, Remy, who is almost 4, and Halle, who is 1. I also find inspiration in random things like a Josh Groban song, a dress from an Audrey Hepburn movie, or a favorite Psalm. I find that God waits to inspire anytime I'm willing to listen!

SallyWhat time of day do you work best and why?
Mandy: Usually I find the time to create during nap time and/or after their bedtime. I am truly a morning person and love to work early, but out of necessity I work when I can keep little fingers away from my supplies.

SallyWho do you market to? Who do you see buying your work?
Mandy: My items are great for parents who want to be a little bit bold and funky in their baby gear but don't want to spend a ton of money or lose the functionality of the piece. I have sold a lot to young, new moms and also those buying gifts for new babies. I am finding that people think my items make great gifts so I try to incorporate great packaging into the items as well.

SallyWhat item do you like to work on the most and why?
Mandy: I love working on all my items, truthfully, especially new items. Baby things make pretty quick projects because they are so small, and that is gratifying. Right now I am working on patterns for dresses that will be coming in the spring, choosing fabrics and making sketches, and that is really exciting to me!

SallyWhat is your favorite beverage while you work?
Mandy: Coffee. I drink gallons of coffee!

SallyWhat is something that you don’t do well that you’d like to do better?
Mandy: I have a really hard time valuing my work, as do I think a lot of hand-makers.. I wish it were easier to find the kind of confidence to really see the items for what they are!

SallyIf you could interview your main influence who would it be and what would you ask?
Mandy: I have a hard time pin-pointing this one because so many things influence me!

SallyWhat do you listen to while you work? While you don’t work?
Mandy: During nap time I usually have soap operas on... I know, I know, smut, but it's my guilty pleasure! Otherwise I listen to a lot of silly songs with my littles=). I also adore Josh Groban, Frank Sinatra and Doris Day- I really think I was born in the wrong era!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails