Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Valentine fun & some goodies for the troops...

Grandma sent some craft goodness for the kiddos recently (big hugs for Grandma).  Glitter, ribbon & pillow boxes all ready to decorate!  The kids had fun prettying them... but I didn't get pictures of they actually decorating :(  I wish I had... because the baby was glitter head to toe... I'm still not sure how though.  Here's the finished product...

There are lots & lots so we will be sending some overseas to Iraq for my uncle & his friends.  He was deployed to Iraq in the beginning of January, so the girls and I are putting together a care package.
Here he is with his boys at deployment...


He was more like an older brother growing up.  He was in 1st grade when I was born, and we have a pretty close family.  I always annoyed the heck out of him... but he was still extra nice to me.  He even let me make my own "magicians spell book" so I could play D&D with him.  I remember it as a spiral notebook with a bunch of drawings in it.  Yeah, I was THAT kid, and yeah, he was pretty cool!  It helps that he's a musician... extra coolness factor.

His wife is pretty amazing too... I saw a photo of her's on her flickr pool the other day that was gorgeous!  And then went to her site & saw some other wonderful photography!  I really want to try to talk her into Etsy... but she has a site going now that is pretty amazing , so I'm giving her a plug here...
You can purchase prints directly from her site ;)
And her facebook fan page...
She was wonderful for my wedding and took all our pictures!  I don't think she knows how much I appreciated that... so here goes... THANK YOU GINNY!!!

I hope you are all well & we are thinking of you every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails