Monday, February 1, 2010

Featured Etsian... TheExtentofSilence!




Sally: What brought you to Etsy?
Amariah: A year and a half ago I was browsing the internet looking for ways to sell my art. I ran across an artist who linked Etsy from her personal web site.  I emailed her and asked her how Etsy had worked out for her. She was really nice and gave a lot of great advice and so I decided to open a shop.

Sally: Who or what inspires your creations?
Amariah: I would say that my inspiration comes from all over.  Sometimes just seeing a little kid at the grocery store will give me an idea. I watch a lot of movies,  read a lot of books, and I like to look at old photographs.

Sally: What time of day do you work best and why?
Amariah: I think that I work best at night. It isn’t unusual to find me awake at 1 in the morningJ

Sally: Who do you market to? Who do you see buying your work?
Amariah: My target audience for my original art and prints is younger people, probably 20s thru 40s. I also do portraits and my target audience is fairly broad.

Sally: What item do you like to work on the most and why?
Amariah: My favorite mediums are charcoal and pastel combined together. This will probably change over time, but right now it’s my fave. J

Sally: What are your 3 favorite books?
Amariah: Wicked by Gregory Maguire
The Lord of the Rings by Tolkien
Anything by Dr Seuss!!

Sally: What is something that you don’t do well that you’d like to do better?
Amariah: I would like to be a better more creative writer. Writing descriptions/stories to go along with my art has always been a struggle for me. I guess I’m not very creative in that department and I wish I were…

Sally: What do you listen to while you work? While you don’t work?
Amariah: While I work I usually listen to an Oldies station J  I don’t listen to music much when I’m not working unless I’m at the gym.

Amariah, Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions.  Your work is wonderful!

Readers, This seller was so wonderful to me when I started out.  She was a guide and helper and was so very very kind.  She is an exceptional etsian!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails