Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Focus on... MilkandHoneyHandbags

Sally: Tell us who you are… what makes your crafty passion tick…
Amanda: Hey there! My name is Amanda and I am the creator of Milk and Honey Handbags. Sewing makes me feel good and I love it. It truly is my passion and I love everything about the process: selecting fabrics, cutting, pressing, and stitching. Sewing just feels right.
Sally: Who, or what inspires your creations
Amanda: I love looking at color combinations found in nature and bringing them to my designs. I am also really inspired by fabric and color, and ribbon obviously :)  I will find a really great print lining fabric or beautiful color ribbon that will inspire a whole design.

Sally: What item do you like to work on the most and why?
Amanda: My favorite item to work on would definitely be my Ribbony pouches. I love picking out the exterior fabric, ribbon, zipper, and lining. There are so many different combinations, the possibilities are endless.

Sally: What do you do besides working on your passion and shop?
Amanda: When I am not at the sewing machine you can find me reading, snowboarding, hiking, and watching movies.  I also love spending time with friends, family, and the love of my life, Pat.

Sally: What is something that you don’t do well that you’d like to do better?
Amanda: I would really like to be able to sew faster without sacrificing the quality of my work. I put a lot of care and time into each piece but I am working on producing things a little bit quicker. That way I can get more done and get started on the hundreds of design ideas I have in my sketchbook!

Sally: Do you have favorite Etsy peeps, or an item that you keep coming back to?
Amanda: My brother Zak has a shop on Etsy, doodlekaz, where you can find amazing unique digital art and more. I love my Summersville journal; the patterned covers are so lovely it was hard to choose just one. I love Zipit where I go for all my zipper needs, so friendly and my zippers always arrive so quickly! RememberWynn is where I get my beehive and honey dipper buttons.  I am always amazed by the detail in her pieces.

Sally: What’s your fav thing about Etsy?
Amanda: Wow. I love a lot of things about Etsy: the treasuries, the forums, the featured seller articles. I guess what it really boils down to is Etsy is a wonderful venue where you can find amazing things from a lot of talented people.  I love shopping on Etsy because every purchase I have made has been fabulous. You almost get spoiled shopping on the site. I am often disappointed with customer service when shopping on the internet. On Etsy I know I will receive great communication from a lovely person, fast shipping, and impeccable packaging. It really is the way shopping online should be!

Sally: One tip you could give, about life, about Etsy, about the weather…
Amanda: Do what you love, love what you do. Also, dance like no one is watching :)

I am really excited to be adding a new design to my shop this week-The Hobo. I have been working really hard to make this bag and am so happy that it is finished and it is perfect! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails